My easiest salmon recipe is also my favorite. I prefer to grill the salmon on tinfoil, but this is also just as good on the stove.
- Place salmon on tinfoil if grilling or in saute pan with olive oil for indoors
- Top with olive oil, salt & pepper
- Top with 3 to 4 Tablespoons pesto (depending on the size of the fillet)
- Grill on low for 5 to 7 minutes – check often and do not over cook
- If cooking indoors, cook on medium low for 5 to 7 minutes
**The biggest mistake you can make with salmon is to overcook it. Overcooked salmon has a straw like texture and will be very dry. As soon as you can flake the salmon apart with a fork at the thickest point, it is ready. The cooking time will vary depending on the grill/equipment – so stay close!!